The practice is a well-established practice in a suburb of Newcastle. The stable partnership has remained unchanged for the last ten years. We are fortunate in that the practice has a low prescribing and consultation rate, and as a consequence we are usually able to offer appointments within 48 hours. Despite increasing demands upon our time, the partners are keen to remain accessible to patients. We resist the increasing depersonalisation of primary care and value the concept of "family doctor".
We undertake to...
- treat you with courtesy and respect at all times.
- treat you as a partner and discuss with you the care and treatment we can provide.
- give you full information on the services we offer.
- provide you with emergency care when you need it.
- refer you for a further opinion when both you and the doctor treating you agree it is necessary and would be of benefit.
- keep the consultation and your records confidential.
- give you a full and prompt reply to any complaints you make about the service we provide and try and change practices if we agree this would be beneficial.
In return we ask you...
- to be patient and civil at all times. We recognise that illness can be extremely stressful.
- to try and see the same doctor for the same problem. If you feel unhappy with the doctor that you are seeing, then it is quite sensible and in order to see one of the other doctors, but please tell the new doctor.
- if you have a problem , do not take it out on a member of staff.
- if you move house, please inform the reception staff of your new address.
- if you have been referred to a hospital, try and keep the appointment and let them know if you cannot attend.
© The Surgery - 200 Osborne Road - 0191 2814777 Privacy and use of this website